Questions? 512 215 2885
About / Get Involved
Do you hope to pursue a career in News Media, journalism, or storytelling? Volunteer with us and gained experience throughout volunteering experience. You will have the opportunity to produce televion show, report news, Interviewing and seeing and hearing the passion in television. You will have the opportunity to interview community leader and goveernement staff and share others’ stories and passions with our local, national and international audience.
We work with community partners to create and produce content forour two streaming platforms. We alway need original content that aligns with our mission to expand access to information and education, promote success, and produce a strong workforce that benefits the communities we serve. If you have programming or show ideas, we’d love to hear from you! Please email all content inquiries, submissions, or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you consider donating to help us archive our mission?
We greatly appreciate your Tax deducyable donation and it will be used to fullfil our mission which is to showcase the excellence and diversity of African culture and communities and provide Austin and Texas with real-world experiences concerning Africans & African Americans. AFTV5 is serving as a catalyst for community unity, collaborations, and dialogue for social, economic, and political progress. Funds are required to develop programs pay staff and at operate our production studio in Austin Texas. We have provide below more information about how you can help.
You may donate money or property as Federal Tax Charitable Donations to AFTV5
You will be able to claim a deduction on your federal taxes iwhen you donated to our 501(c)3 organization. (You must file a Schedule A with your tax form, to deduct donations. If you want to deduct a non-cash donation, you'll also have to fill out a form 8283.)
Making a Charitable Donate to AFTV5 as a Business or as an Individual
Many indifidual & small businesses donate to charity in some form each year. Giving to a charitable cause is not only good for society, it can also be good for business.
Reasons Why Small Businesses Donating to Qualified Non-Profit Organization
Small businesses decide to support charitable causes for a variety of reasons:
• Help society - Businesses can use their size and influence to make a significant impact in a community, or on behalf of a cause.
• Increase customer satisfaction or brand awareness - Businesses can set themselves apart from the competition and become more likable and recognizable by publicly supporting a cause. Some businesses even choose to involve customers in their charitable campaigns, or support nonprofit organizations with missions that are relevant to the company’s product or service. For example, a technology firm may partner with a charity that teaches computer skills to underprivileged students.
• Tax deductions - Businesses can receive a tax deduction for qualifying charitable donations.
• Employee retention and satisfaction - Businesses can improve employee morale and create a more positive company culture by mobilizing in support of a cause. Some companies allow employees to nominate charities to partner with, or choose the way the company donates.
Types of Donations
Businesses can donate to a charitable cause in many ways:
• Money - Write a check, donate online, set aside a portion of revenue from sales, or collect donations from employees. Some companies may also offer to match employee donations, or choose to develop a specific product or service and donate the profits from its sale.
• Inventory - Give merchandise or products like food, clothing, toiletries, furniture, or building materials.
• Events - Organize food, clothing, supply, or blood drives. Companies can also sponsor sports teams, athletic competitions, arts productions, community projects, and fundraisers.
• Volunteer - Work for free. Nonprofit organizations may need tutors, drivers, servers, or warehouse staff, for example. Companies can schedule a time for employees to volunteer together or encourage staff to sign up in their free time. Some businesses may choose to offer paid time off for volunteering.
• Services - Donate professional skills. Nonprofit organizations may need help in the legal, policy, medical, dental, counseling, finance, technology, or administrative fields, among others. For example, beauticians may coordinate with a women’s shelter to style hair or give manicures, and artists may work with a community center to lead a children’s craft.
• Time - Establish a leave-based donation program. This allows employees to forego their paid leave days in exchange for the company making a monetary donation to a charity.
Types of Donations:
- Monetary - Make financial donations by check or credit card. These payment methods will help you keep record of your donations. They can also protect you from charity scams.
- Goods and Personal Property - We accept non-cash donations, such as computer and electronic and office surplus items that are in good condition. We will give you the list of the items you donated, for your taxes.
- Vehicles - You can donate your car, truck, boat, or other vehicle to a AFTV5. You organization may give a donated vehicle to use for operations, or sell it. If you donate a vehicle, you will need to transfer the title of the to the us. Also, remove license plates and registration documents before you donate the car.
- Other Property - You may also give other types of items to charities:
- Real Estate
- The value of these items may need an expert appraisal. The values could depend on offers to buy the items and the timing of the donation.